Pinyin Name: Hong Hua
English Name: Safflower, Carthamus Flower
Properties: acrid, warm
Channels Entered: Heart. Liver
Menstrual pain, amenorrhea, abdominal pain, abdominal masses, epigastric pain, bi zheng, chest pain and macular eruptions are some of the conditions satisfied clients have successfully used this herb for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Activates Blood Circulation, Eliminates Blood Stasis, Opens Channels, Regulates Menstruation
Hong Hua activates blood circulation and nourishes blood; and breaks blood stagnation.
- Menstrual pain or amenorrhea
- Postpartum dizziness or abdominal pain
- Stillbirth or difficult labor
Hong Hua can be used for abdominal masses or accumulations.
- Abdominal masses due to blood stasis
- Epigastric or abdominal pain
Hong Hua invigorates blood circulation in the channels and collaterals.
Hong Hua is useful for some dermatological disorders.
Hong Hua enters the lung to activate qi and blood circulation for pain relief.
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1-2 grams per day or as directed by your health practitioner.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Use of Hong Hua is contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Do not exceed the recommended usage so as not to cause continuous bleeding.
Each package contains 100 grams.
Carthamus Flower - Hong Hua
Products Featuring This Herb:
Great Yang Restoration Teapills
Calm in the Sea of Life Teapills
Four Ingredient Pills
Great Invigorator Teapills
Stasis in the Lower Chamber
Stasis in the Mansion of Blood