Pinyin Name: Dang Shen
English Name: Codonopsis, Pilose Asia Bell Root
Properties: sweet, neutral
Channels Entered: Spleen, Lung
Tonify qi, strengthen the middle burner, tonify the lung, nourish blood, promote generation of body fluids, restore constitution and expel pathogenic factors are some of the conditions satisfied clients have successfully used this herb for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Tonifies Qi, Strengthens the Middle Jiao
- Zhong (central) qi deficiency
Tonifies the Lung
- Lung qi deficiency
- Disorders characterized by Lung qi deficiency
Nourishes Blood, Promotes Generation of Bodily Fluids
- Deficiency of qi, body fluids and blood
- Qi and yin deficiencies
- Blood deficiencies
- Qi and blood deficiencies
Restores Constitution and Expels Pathogenic Factors
- Excess accumulation of pathogen factors with interior deficiency
- Exterior conditions or interior excess meeting constitutional deficiency. Mild, gnerates body fluids and nourishes blood to help the body fight pathogenic factors suhch as common cold and constipation. Contraindiated for use alone in these conditions.
- Wind-cold with aversion to cold, fever, headache, nasal obstruction, cough and sputum in a constitutionally deficient person
- Constipation due to deficiency
Concentration: 8:1, 10% Polysaccharides
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1 to 2 grams per day or as directed by your health practitioner.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Though mild, may generate heat because of its tonic effect of sweet and cloying. Should be used with caution in cases of excess heat or fire.
- Incompatible with Li Lu
- Dosages above 63 grams may cause arrhythmia or discomfort in the left pectoral area. Side effects subside when use is discontinued.
Each package contains 5 kilograms.
Please be aware this 5 kilogram size requires a lead time of 5 days.