Shan Zhu Yu
Pinyin Name: Shan Zhu Yu
English Name: Cornus Fruit
Properties: sour, slightly warm
Channels Entered: Kidney, Liver
Tonify the liver and kidney, retain jing (essence) and body fluids are some of the conditions satisfied clients have successfully used this herb for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Tonifies the Liver and Kidney
- Liver and Kidney deficiencies. Lack of nourishment of Liver blood and Kidney jing (essence) leads to symptoms of dizziness, vertigo, light-headedness, soreness and weakness of the lower back and knees, impotence and spermatorrhea
- Benefits Liver and Kidney yin deficiencies
- Tinnitus, blurred vision from Kidney yin deficiency
- Impotence and spermatorrhea because of Kidney yang deficiency
- Back pain
Retains Jing (Essence) and Body Fluids
- Excessive perspiration arising from deficiency
- Excessive sweating
- Shock, drastic drop in blood pressure and excessive perspiration
- Excessive uterine bleeding
- Urinary incontinence or polyuria
- Frequent urination
- Terminal dripping following urination
Concentration: 12:1, 10% Saponins (Cornin)
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
3/4 to 1 gram per day or as directed by your health practitioner. In severe cases use up to 2-1/5 grams.
Cautions & Contraindications
The use of Shan Zhu Yu is contraindicated in cases of deficient Kidney fire, or in dysuria caused by heat in the lower jiao.
Each package contains 5 kilograms.
Please be aware this 5 kilogram size requires a lead time of 5 days.